Double-Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
Cook Time: 40 min
Prep Time: 10 min
( Serves 12 )
1 jar (10 oz.) maraschino cherries (drained)
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 can (8 oz.) sliced pineapple (drained with juice reserved)
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple (drained with juice reserved)
1 package (18 1/4 oz.) yellow cake mix
- "Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat the bottoms and sides of each 9-inch round cake pan with 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Sprinkle the bottom of each pan with 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- In one of the pans, sprinkle coconut over the brown sugar. Lay pineapple rings in a single layer on top of coconut. Place a cherry in the center of each ring. In the other pan, spread the drained crushed pineapple.
- Mix the cake as directed on package, but substitute reserved pineapple juice in place of water. Divide batter between the 2 pans. Remember which pan has the pineapple rings in it.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 20 minutes.
- While the bottoms of the cake pans are still warm to the touch, invert the layer with the crushed pineapple out onto a serving dish, then gently invert the layer with the pineapple rings on top of it for a dazzling two layer pineapple upside down cake.
|Fat: 9.80 g||Cholesterol: 11.00 mg|
|Calories: 322.00||Protein: 2.20 g|